1.26.2010

Dogs That Know When Their Owners Are Coming Home - Rupert Sheldrake

Book title: Dogs That Know When Their Owners Are Coming Home
Author: Rupert Sheldrake
Category: Non-fiction, animals
Number of pages: 352

What it's about: The alleged telepathic connection between animals and their humans.

What I liked best: Rupert Sheldrake provides enough examples of anecdotal as well as controlled and monitored evidence to convince the reader that there really is a telepathic connection between humans and their pets.

What I think: I've been a dog person my entire life, so I really appreciated this book. I've always believed that the animal-human bond goes deeper than companionship and mutual benefit. If you spend enough time around animals, you can get an uncanny feeling that they know more than is immediately obvious. This book examines and analyzes animal response to humans in a way that suggests there is more to patterns of anticipatory behaviour than just coincidence, routine, or heightened sensory ability (i.e. keen hearing).

After reading Dogs That Know When Their Owners Are Coming Home, I couldn't help but notice how our Shepherd Husky cross always moves to the top of the front stairs about thirty minutes or so before my husband gets home...

My rating: 4 stars

U.S.


Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment